Like I was mentioning the other day, when I posted the Empanada Amigurumi Free Pattern, my kids love to pretend to play restaurant. They even have a name for their workplace, Princess Restaurant. I’m working at adding more play food items that we can add to their kitchen. They enjoy their handmade food and they can have it overnight. Sometimes even with their color preferences.
Today, I bring to you, the buttery toast amigurumi free crochet pattern. Make it in several different flavors and you’ll have a whole collection. I’ll be showing you what toast I’m going to make next in just a few days.
By the way, do you like toast? How do you eat it? We have to have it everyday at home or one of my kids thinks something is wrong. Lol
Tutorial: Buttery Toast Amigurumi – Free Pattern
Hook: H or 5.0 mm
Yarn: Vanna’s Choice (Honey color) and Color ‘n Cream (yellow)
Red yarn or red embroidery floss
HDC – Half Double Crochet
Sl St – Slip Stitch
Ch – Chain
Make 2 different pieces using the instructions below.
1. Ch. 17
2. Sk. 2, Hdc 15. = 15 HDC total
(repeat for 8 rows)
3. Ch. 1, 2 sc, 13 sc, 2 sc, ch 1, turn. (17 sts.)
4. 1 sc across, ch 1, turn. (17 sts.)
5. 2 sc (in first stitch), 2 sc, 13 sc, 2 sc, 2 sc, ch 1, turn. (21 sts)
6. 1 sc across, ch 1, turn. (21 sts)
7. 2 sc, 2 sc, 17 sc, 2 sc, 2 sc, ch 1, turn. (25 sts)
8. 9 sc, 6 sl st, 10 sc, ch 1, turn. (25 sts)
9. 10 sc, 6 sl st, 9 sc, ch 1, turn. (25 sts)
Trace one of your toasts on felt. Cut it out and save it.
Now it is time to begin joining your toasts.
1. HDC through both stitches (from darker to lighter color toast) to join them.
2. You will do 2 HDC at every corner.
3. About half way through your toast, place your felt in between the layers of your toast. Trim it if necessary so that it fits just right.
4. Also at this time, attach the safety eyes to your toast.
5. Close toast completely.
6. Use the surface single crochet stitch to make the mouth with a smiley face if you’d like.
To download the free pdf pattern, go here.
Now you have an amigurumi toast!